The newest thing on YouTube Music was just announced. The people who make YouTube Music have said that a new place to listen to music will open soon. Early adopters can talk about and make suggestions for upcoming updates on a Discord server. Anyone can apply, but there will be a survey about the types of music and subscription services they like best. You must like music, take part in discussions and polls often, and use YouTube Music as your main audio streaming service for at least a year.
YouTube Music Expands Listening Options with a Free One-Year Subscription
If you get into the program, that one year is on the house, and you also get “a chance to shape the future of YouTube Music” and other perks.
Applicants are strongly discouraged from sharing any information they learn in the Listening Room or recording or taking screenshots of what they hear. Those who have been chosen for YouTube Music will hear from the company in February.
You will be asked to choose from one of seven user types and to list your favorite artists and types of music. Here are the different kinds of users:
- My pals are aware that music is an important component of my identity. I’m always listening to new music and keeping up with major music trends.
- I like finding new music, but it isn’t a major part of my life. While chatting, gaming, or eating, I often listen to music.
- I like remaining informed and being a part of the music community, even if I don’t have strong feelings about music. I don’t want to fall behind on the current musical trends.
- I like listening to the same song over and over again.
- I use music to modify the atmosphere and make certain situations more appealing. I normally depend on music streaming services to play music for me.
- I like listening to nostalgic music, and I frequently listen to it when doing chores, traveling, commuting, or working out.
- Music is what defines and motivates me. I have strong feelings about music, and I don’t care as much about popular music.